Thursday, April 21, 2005

supah tired.

yep. So I have found the place where I am going to go when I die. Yes, I have found heaven. It is called The Canadian College of the Performing Arts and it is held in a church. That's why it's heaven.

Yesterday was the super-incredible-mondo-fantabulouso field trip to CCPA in Victoria. It's right smack in the middle of Oak Bay, just a few blocks down from Oak Bay High School. CARAZAY! I swear the students were--breath-taking. Absolutely awe-inspiring. And the most incredible thing is that this is something I could aspire to! I could be THAT!

So we got there, and watched a ballet warm-up, which was crazy. There were quite a few grerat girls, a few meh ones and quite a few studly boys who weren't that fabulous. But it was ok, cause they were in a ballet class. That makes it ALL better!

Then we went upstairs to this gigantically wonderful studio that looked like a freaking gym. It was huge. There, we watched a warm-up hiphop class with a very attractive teacher. There will be more about this attractive teacher later in the post...hee hee! They were super great. The guy was practicing this combo, and then once the class had the combo down, he just kind of busted out for a couple seconds, worked more of it out, then taught it to the class. I swear, they were doing it perfectly after five minutes. SUPER CRAZY!!!! And the best thing was, it was SUPER EASY HIP HOP! Like easier than what Welly dance used to do! crazy crazy crazy!

Then we had a huge discussion led by Morganna! Yay! I can't remember if it was before that, or after, but we went downstairs to this lounge and watched a movay about the CCPA. Then we went back upstairs and watched more practice, but this was actual practice for their show on the weekend. They were doing a review of a bunch of different shows, one of which was West Side Story. They were doing this fantastic couples dance. Halfway through the director "freezed" them, and they all froze in this position with their arms above their heads and their hands kind of hooked out and downwards. The guys were supposed to have their heads tucked against their right arms, and super-excellent hip hop instructor was in a position right in front of where I was sitting. He was scolding the guys around him to tuck their heads in, and somone was like, "He looks like he's smelling his armpit" and I couldn't control myself, I was like, "He likes it." And he turned around and glanced at me laughing. It was great!

Then we had lunch, where I went with Gareth Jen Schaper and Julia from Musica Man and Copa and we wandered the streets of Oak Bay looking for munchies. We found thi8s cute little deli where they ordered bagels, and breakfast croissants, and I made messes with my pita from 711. It was tres fun.

Me and Jen had this great time all day long. On both bus rides we were just hanging out the whole time, and making each other laugh hysterically. She was like, "Why don't we hang out more" and I honestly didn't know. It was great.



....the bell just rang, so I'll continue this later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Alleah that sounds so sweet! yes yes continue!

amyleigh said...

hey, have you found a job yet?

Laura said...

are you going to audition?

wow. i'm still in awe.
i came home and wanted to cry because i'm so happy.
i feel like the luckiest girl in the world to find and be accepted to this school which has everything i could ever want.

K said...

sounds pretty fun... congratulations on acceptance, btw, Laura.