Thursday, January 04, 2007

OMG I DID IT!

I've figured it out! I discovered the place I need to get to to cry on cue!

I'm sitting here on the computer, minding my own business. Amber's playing videogames, listening to music on her computer...all of a sudden Mama, by the SPice Girls comes on! All of a sudden, I start remembering things from when I was a kid, and loved the Spice Girls, and went into this emotional place that it used to take me hours of what-ifing to get to, and I BURST into tears! Like, literally, all this took about ten seconds! The song came on, and I went, "Spice Girls, nice" and then I realized what the song was, and literally by the first lyric, I had burst into tears! Amber and I looked at each other at the exact same moment, and I was going to ask her to change it, and she was about to ask if I wanted it changed....! It was CRAZY! I had to write in my acting journal about this right now...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you alleah
Im sorry heh...

^^that was said in a nice, non-angry tone

Anonymous said...

ALLEAH!!!! I am so bored without theatre drama. Three days til home...yay!!

Laura said...

cry on cue:
to cry on cue:
figure out the moment that you need (the mama song memory) and replay it in your head.
and breathe.
seriously.

breathing is key to finding the emotion. it's gotta be deep singing breath, too. "breathe the emotion"

thats helps me, a lot!

Anonymous said...

I could just imagine practicing this in a acting class. It'd be like a scene out of fight club where everyone starts crying.
oh gosh. I am awful. But the imagery! The comical imagery!
<>< mantrain

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, how goes it?
I'm no theatre connoisseur by any means but you guys, the Urinetown cast, are awesome! I mean, at that one rehearsal I was focussing mostly on the music but out of the corner of my eye I could see you guys pulling off some intense choreography. I think I even broke into a sweat.
But yeah. See you Friday and/or Sunday!

VivaLaPinto said...

haha! Thanks Marisha! This is going to be a blast, I can't WAIT to open!

And Laura--I did what you said the next time we tried it, and just focused on the feeling and breathing through it, and it WORKED! TWICE in a row! I can totally do it! OMG!

I'm going to pick the MOST sweet-ass monologue for my CCPA audition, and I'm going to make a To-Cry CD, and I'm going to listen to it right before I audition! WOO!

VivaLaPinto said...

haha! Thanks Marisha! This is going to be a blast, I can't WAIT to open!

And Laura--I did what you said the next time we tried it, and just focused on the feeling and breathing through it, and it WORKED! TWICE in a row! I can totally do it! OMG!

I'm going to pick the MOST sweet-ass monologue for my CCPA audition, and I'm going to make a To-Cry CD, and I'm going to listen to it right before I audition! WOO!