Friday, July 16, 2004

Geeklife

An event with my mom has forever changed my view of the word geek.   It used to simply be an adjective used to describe my ex-ish boyfriend Geoff Moddle.  (now in quasidatingville for all you who do not know.)  But a couple days ago, my mom was trying to find a webgame that my family is obsessed with on the net, and somehow she got to geeklife.com.  i was blown away!  Not just  by my mom's insanely incompetent handling of the net (God bless her), but by the name of the site itself!  I thought, whoa, my God!  I see pride!  and pride in what?  in being a... Geek?  What an epiphany!  I thought, if people can be proud of being unwashed untanned l33t-speaking gamers, why can I not be proud of being a trash-talking, sex-obsessed midget?  it's only a LITTLE more creepy...
so I decided...Geeklife is now my motto, my mantra, my general guideline to life.  Be proud of who you are.  Because if you do, people will approve, they will gravitate towards your self-confidence, and humour.  And even if they don't, who cares, cause you've got your own self-respect!  and that's all that really matters, correct?

No comments: